I am a fully accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist with twenty years’ experience working in the mental health field.
I feel passionate about delivering treatment interventions that are efficient and effective and that equip you with the knowledge and skills to become your own therapist. CBT has the best evidence base for its effectiveness in a range of psychological problems. I undertook further specialist training in CBT in 2008, after initially completing a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology in 1997.
I have been working as a CBT Psychotherapist and supervisor in the NHS for the past ten years where I have gained extensive experience of treating a wide range of difficulties, including depression, anxiety problems and post traumatic stress.
I remain up to date with new developments and research in CBT and attend regular trainings. This ensures that clients receive quality, up-to-date treatment interventions.
I have a long-standing interest in mindfulness and the human capacity for deep peace, irrespective of circumstances. I completed a year-long mindfulness teacher training in 2016. I offer mindfulness training locally to individuals and groups and welcome enquiries in this regard. I have delivered mindfulness courses to both patients and staff in the NHS for stress management, recurrent depression and supporting weight loss for diabetic patients. I continue to deliver mindfulness in the NHS. Mindfulness is recognised as a ‘third wave’ treatment within CBT, and has a growing evidence base for its effectiveness in a wide range of difficulties.
- Mindfulness Teacher training with the Mindfulness Training Institute, 2016
- Post-graduate diploma in CBT with University of London, 2009, leading to full accreditation with BABCP (British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy).
- Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology, University of Natal, South Africa, 1997
- Honours Degree in Psychology, University of Natal, 1993
- B.Social Science, University of Natal, 1990